Sunday, November 4, 2012

I Wish: More Game Developers Were Mac Friendly

Most computer games choose PC's and I understand that. Many of them also tell us Mac owners that if we were interested in games, we never should have gotten a Mac in the first place. Why?

My Xbox 360's primary function is to play video games. While it can do more than that, that is what it is made for. My laptop was not made to play video games.

I'm a student and I do not claim to be much of a computer person. I know more about the ins and outs of computers than my parents, but less than most of my friends. What I do know is that I enjoy my Mac for everything besides gaming and the only reason why it falls short in that arena is because the vast majority of the games I'd like to play are PC only. I must commend Blizzard because all of their current games (Starcraft II, Diablo III, and World of Warcraft) are playable on Mac's.

I am not the only sad gamer wishing that games like Total War: Shogun 2 were playable on my computer. It doesn't take that much more time or money to make this happen and sales will go up. Are developers just lazy? Do us Mac gamers need to speak up more? What is the answer? Just tell me and I will do whatever (little) that I can to attempt to solve this issue.

Until then, I'll keep reading about all of the games that I can play until one lone tears forms in the corner of my eye. At that point I'll distract myself by playing something that is actually at my disposal.

No comments:

Post a Comment