Sunday, February 26, 2012

Your Name Here

My new (used) car is on its way from Phoenix to Des Moines. About a month ago, before the car was purchased, I jokingly told a friend that if I ever owned a red Volvo, I would name it "Meatwad." There were two reasons behind this.

There is a show on comedy central that I fell in love with this past fall called Workaholics. A character on the show drives an old Volvo that he refers to as "the Swedish meatball." Volvos are made in Sweden and his particular Volvo happens to be a red/brown kind of color. Hence the name.

There is another show called Aqua Team Hunger Force on Adult Swim. There is a character on this show that is quite literally a wad of meat named Meatwad. So, I thought it would be funny to name a Swedish meatball Meatwad.

I only said that I would do it because I assumed that if I did ever actually own a Volvo, it would not be red. Outside of the Chicago Auto Show, I scarcely ever see red Volvos. Typically they are white, silver, gray, or black. However, my Volvo (that I'll be driving this Friday) is bright red.

I'm not going to name it Meatwad.

No comments:

Post a Comment