Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Rejuvenation

Korn is a band that I have listened to for a long time. I picked up my first Korn album, Take A Look In The Mirror, back when I was in middle school; it was one of the first records that I bought with my own money.

The band has changed sounds and styles so much over the years and has had to deal with some lineup changes as well. Korn's 11th studio album, The Paradigm Shift, was released today and I'm loving it. Lead guitarist, Brian "Head" Welch (who I've actually gotten to meet on three separate occasions), has rejoined the band after having been gone for over eight years. The group's reconciliation has led to it's most cohesive creative effort in years and what is possibly (already) my favorite Korn album.

I have been a bit burned out recently, trying to regain my energy all while new projects and assignments have been introduced. Powerful music that can really move me (literally and figuratively) might be exactly what I need right now and it has been delivered straight to my ears.

Time to step away from the computer and return to dancing, jumping around, and rocking out like a musical fool.

No comments:

Post a Comment